The completion of the campaign for Biola University is one of the most significant accomplishments that I have experienced in my nearly four decades at Biola. Why? There are many reasons. The amount raised, $214 million, was more than 10 times larger than the largest campaign we had ever previously completed, and well beyond what the experts and consultants said we should be able to raise. And we finished the five-year campaign on schedule! An impressive feat.
But what really amazed me about the campaign is how it helped galvanize an army of volunteers, alumni, parents, friends and donors, who rallied to the cause of making Biola the university God wants us to be, and preparing our students and graduates with conviction and courage to be what God wants them to be! I’ve never seen anything like this before at Biola University and I am so proud of our alumni, parents and friends!
So, what do we do now that this campaign is complete and we have thousands of donors and volunteers saying “what’s next?” Well, good news! The work is not done and we are ready to take your enthusiasm and energy to the next level. Here’s some of what’s new and coming soon:
- Regional Alumni Community Events. We have 10 cities across the country where local alumni will coordinate regional events and “Backyard Biola” summer events. We can’t wait to see you!
- Coffee Breaks and Regional Career Conversations between alumni and students. Now in its second year, this is a great chance for students to meet alumni for career-specific exploratory conversations. Looking for a great intern? This is your chance to meet Biola students in your hometown!
- Monthly E-newsletters. Whether you are a young alumnus or a more seasoned veteran, these audience-specific email newsletters will keep you in the know about the great things happening on campus!
- Alumni Chapel and Alumni Reunions. Plan to head back to your alma mater for Alumni Weekend on June 23–25, 2017, for amazing campus events and reunions.
- Golden Eagle Chapel and Coffee. Calling all alumni who graduated 50 years or more ago! Each semester you will be invited back to campus for a Friday chapel and coffee in the Heritage Café. We are celebrating you and your heritage as Alumni for Life!
As an alumni office, it is our privilege to be your connection to the great things happening here at Biola. If you haven’t been back to Biola in a while, we look forward to hosting you here. And if you can’t get away, we look forward to seeing you where you live! There are exciting things coming for 2017 and we will see you soon! For together we are Alumni for Life!